2009年11月30日星期一

I will be making a trip to Sephora and M.A.C what will I need for applying make-up and what brand 20 pnts ?

I know for sure I will get the Smash box finish primer but after that what... I need something that won't break me out or clog pores already acne prone, also should I get concealer, and for eyebrow density what would you recommend and what brushes and sponge . What would go on first lol sorry guys.I will be making a trip to Sephora and M.A.C what will I need for applying make-up and what brand 20 pnts ?
You have already made a great choice with the Smashbox Primer so here are some other great products to buy : )





Foundation: Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation (Great coverage plus it leaves your skin looking dewy. Make sure to buy the oil free formula because this wont clog your pores or aggravate your acne.)


-You can apply foundation with a brush or a sponge but b/c your skin is acne prone, I would recommend using disposable sponges. Otherwise you would have to wash your foundation brush every day to prevent transferring the bacteria from the brush to your face whereas the sponges can be tossed after one use. Wet the sponge before applying the foundation, you will love the more natural finish.





Sponges: I would buy sponges from Target or Walmart. Sephora and MAC will overcharge you for sponges that work just as well as the sponges at Target/Walmart.





Concealer: Makeup Forever Palette (This palette comes with 5 shades of concealer that are really easy to blend on the skin. It also comes with a green concealer to counteract redness/splotchiness on the cheeks and nose). I would only get concealer if you need more coverage than your foundation can provide, otherwise its not necessary.





Brow Density: Anastasia Brow Express is awesome. You mix the colors to get the shade that matches your brows. And it comes with a highlighter for the brows, a wax to hold them in place, and a brush for filling them in.





Brushes: MAC, MAC, MAC! I love their brushes. It's very high quality synthetic bristles and if you take proper care of them they will last for years. These are the basic brushes to get your collection started:





129 Powder/Blush brush. You can buy a separate powder and blush brush but if you want to keep the total cost down, I would get this one for now.


Concealer brush: If you decide you do need concealer, with the Makeup Forever palette you wont even need a brush. It actually works better if you apply with your fingers!


239 Shader Brush: This is used to apply/blend to eye shadow.


217 Blending Brush: If you frequently do smokey eyes, this is a staple for your collection. Its just a great overall blending blush.


316 Lip Brush/Eyliner Brush: You can use it to apply lipstick or eyeliner because the bristles are firm.





It's better not to go crazy buying brushes right away b/c MAC makes more brushes than anyone really needs plus as you begin to use them you will quickly learn that a lot of the brushes can be used for more than one purpose. Oh yeah the associates will try to convince you to buy the MAC brush cleaner but you won't need it. A mild shampoo will do the trick!





I really hope this helps. Good luck with your shopping spree! : )I will be making a trip to Sephora and M.A.C what will I need for applying make-up and what brand 20 pnts ?
If you are acne prone do not get smash box's primer. It is VERY oily. If you're going to mac get their prep n prime. It has a lot less oil and is better if you have oily/acne prone skin.





For foundation MAC has a new line of foundation that is pretty good, I tried it at the store it gives a beautiful slow and is full of good stuff for your skin. It just wasn't for me I love a full coverage foundation and this is medium and you have to build up to get a full coverage. So check out the studio sculpt foundation. For concealer I would ask the M/A I've never tried any from sephora before because for my face makeup I like to stick to one brand and it's MAC. But their studio finish concealer is my favourite for undereyes and I really like studio sculpt. I purchased it the other day and I'm really liking it. For your eyebrows Anastasia brow fix hands down. Now I don't have a lot of MAC brushes but personally the only ones worth getting at 117, 187, and the 188. At sephora: makeup forever HD Kabuki Brush and/or too faced Retractable Kabuki Brush. It's great to keep in your purse to reapply powder during the day.
The Smashbox photo finish is amazing! I love it. Definitely get it. Get the light if you have oily skin.





Foundation wise, I would go with Clinique. I've tried Bare Minerals, MAC, and Revlon and the all make me break out like you would believe. I normally never have breakouts. For oily skin, go for Clinique's superfit or their almost foundation for light coverage. I also love Clinique's 3 step cleansing thing. It did wonders for my skin. It hasn't for everyone but I can't live without it.





Concealor, I would go with MAC's select cover up, it does wonders! And a little goes a long way.





You can't go wrong with Anastasia's eyebrow kit or palette. The woman knows her eyebrows!





As for brushes, I think the only ones you really need are MAC's 239, 217 and 109. The 109 you can use for foundation, powder and blush. It's a good multi-purpose tool. Sponges, you can buy whatever kind you like because really you use them for a while and then throw them away. I believe the egg shaped sponge is washable (I know the Sonia Kashuk one is.)





What goes on first... Smashbox primer, concealor, foundation, setting powder, blush, then whatever eye make up you want to do.





Good Luck! I hope that helps!
1.. sephora brush set which would include everythin


2. mineral foundation i love prescriptive mineral foundation.. Tips - you can use the mineral foundation as a concealer just add a moisturizer and the foundation together, so u have concealer... bare mineral i try before which irritated my skin and breakout..


3. get anastasia tinted eyebrown
Try getting Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. It really helps clear out skin. I like the foamy kind.


You can get the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in green to help reduce the redness of your face due to acne. (Make Up Forever also has a green primer)


Benefit's Erase Paste works like magic! Covers up really well.


For eyebrows... I don't really do my eyebrows, but you can ask a sales associate at Sephora. They're very helpful in helping you find what you need.
Get the smashbox photo finish light for acne prone skin so it doesn't clog up pores.





i also agree that erase paste works amazing and for eyebrow go with something from benefit cosmetics because as a comany they believe the eyebrows are that one tiny factor to define your face.
  • firewall
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论

     
    unemployment rate